Saturday, November 3, 2007

Thank You, Lady in the Little Black Car!

As you turned around the same moment I realized what I had done, I was sure you were cussing me out with a big, "F*** you!" As every emotion surged through me, as well as my own few choice words, I saw the big dollar signs, the grumpy officer, grumpy you and rightly-so frustrated husband. I was already late to pick up my oldest from a Halloween party and therefore late for another birthday party we were going to after that. I could see the disappointments everywhere.

But...you drove off. Then I realized you had been saying, "I'm F-I-N-E!" (Good thing I don't have to rely on my lip reading skills very often, huh?) Either you are not so attached to your worldly possessions or you were running late too, or maybe you knew that there was most likely no damage and didn't want to make it a big deal. Bless you, though, you did not even get out of your car to look and see IF there was damage. My big ol' mini van could have eaten your cute little car for breakfast, there was bound to be a scratch from the bump.

Anyways...thank you. And...sorry for my initial judgment and my stupidity. Hope I don't run into you again!

1 comment:

emily freeman said...

talk about life's little blessings :) this could have turned out so much differently...great post! have i told you how glad i am that you are writing? i know you say it doesn't come naturally, but i'm starting to wonder...