Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Did I Just Eat Lunch With a Local Celebrity???

Yes, I did. I just had lunch in the McDonald's playground with Eric Chilton, the head meteorologist for our local CBS station. I thought he looked familiar, but then again, I don't watch the news much, so....

As I embarassingly stared at him, trying to remember where I knew him from, he started the conversation with, "You've got your hands full." Nodding in agreement as I had to keep running out to the dining room to get various items, straws, ketchup, an extra cup, I was too distracted to think of any conversation starters. Then he commented on our new Carolina tee-shirts Eliza and I were wearing and so we talked about Saturdays game.

I met his twin boys and we talked about having multiple children and how boys and girls are different. We talked about their pre-schools. Then he proceeded to talk with me some about his personal life, and it didn't feel weird. He was very nice. I wonder if he was glad that I didn't recognize him or if his pride was withered that I didn't refer to him as "that weather guy on TV." Maybe he just wanted to be a normal guy eating at McDonald's with his 5 year old boys.

So, Eric Chilton, nice to meet you, my name is Diane. Thanks for being a down to earth person, maybe I'll watch your weather reports instead of the competitors.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

i like your posts. :) and lucky you, eating with a celebrity!