Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Husband of the Year

Three posts in one day? Yeah, I know, I function in bulk. I buy in bulk if it's cheaper, read the 98 blogs in my google reader and publish 3 posts in one day. But I have to write this one to honor my sweet husband. I hope that each of my friends can name their husband as "Husband of the Year" too.

He just started a new job, which is overwhelming and exhausting. Yet, he still gets up with the crying babies (yes, that's plural). Even though his introverted-self comes home exhausted from lots of meetings, he musters up the energy to do puzzle races and read books, change stinky diapers and ask me how my day was.

We've been through a lot of crisis together over the past several years and he has pushed us, as a couple, towards the Lord in healing and renewal. We actually feel like newly weds, in a much deeper way.

Thank you, sweetheart for your patience, perseverance, and your love. Each night I put Jacob to bed I pray that he grows up with a heart like his father's.

I love you and I'm proud to be your wife!!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

oh the tears...i hope to have a marriage as strong and as Christ-centered as yours someday!