Tuesday, January 15, 2008

More Wisdom From a Four-Year-Old

I went to pick up Eliza from Sunday school this past week. As I walked into the room one of the teachers said, "Eliza said the most precious, insightful thing today." I braced myself for the tears. They were talking about Zacheus and how he climbed the tree to see Jesus and Jesus approached him to tell him that he was coming to Zacheus's house to eat. The teachers asked the children what they would do to prepare for Jesus coming to their house. Some answered they would clean up, others that they would make some food. Then my sweet, sweet child quietly raised her hand and said, "I would fall on my knees."

I don't think I need to say anything else!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she picked up on something from the "O Holy Night" lesson! You are an amazing mom!

Rachel said...

so precious!!!

Jenny said...

WOW. i don't think i CAN say anything else!