Thursday, October 4, 2007

Somebody Slap Me...Please!!!

So this last week or so with my kids has been great. I've been submitting to the Lord, dealing pretty well with my daily junk and being nice to my kids. Actually, I've really been enjoying them. Especially Jacob because he's still a mystery and exploring everything. I've been quite smitten with him, really, maybe because he's probably the last one.

So back to the slapping part. Yeah, someone needs to because I've been thinking the last few days..."I think I could have another...I think I might want one more..." AM I CRAZY? AM I KIDDING MYSELF??? So someone talk some sense into me. The last time I felt this way I was already pregnant....

4 comments:

emily freeman said...

consider yourself slapped. hard.

Meredith Uber said...

It's funny when you have these wonderful moments with your kids, even if it's just feeling calm disciplining them. I think wow, I am ready now to have another one running around. Then someone falls, gets hurt, won't sleep at night and then wakes up way too early in the morning.

Running With Hope said...

Ouch!! Em, that hurt, but okay I guess I won't try for another baby...not right now anyway!

Rachel said...

i TOTALLY felt this way when nathan was about j's age... just a few mths ago! but i know we want more so maybe it's different... but anyway. it was still way too early. i don't really want 3 kids in 2 1/2 yrs! i would NOT slap yourself. i would listen to that voice. i'm not saying throw out the condem ;) just yet, just saying listen to that desire.

could the Lord be preparing for #4 at some point?

or is He just using that thought to remind you how much you love being a mommy to the ones you have, since that's been a struggle sometimes lately?

or is He wanting you to see how you might be wanting to put your hope in the "next thing" instead of enjoying the blessings of today?

who knows. and it could be an even other question. but i wouldn't just ignore it. and definitely don't feel bad about it! kids are a blessing!