Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Little Delight....




He's about 2+ feet tall, 30 pounds and walks like a penguin. He thrives on bugging his sisters, especially Psalter. He gets a gleam in his eye as he watches her building a tower or doing a puzzle. Yes, he destroys them unless I'm there to intervene. If I tell him, "no!!" his lower lip pouts and he says, "oh."

He also loves to pull full glasses of juice off of the kitchen table and pour them on the floor saying, "uh-oh, wook, mommy, wet!" One day he dumped a tupperware full of fuse beads all over the kitchen floor, three different times. They haven't come out since then!

He loves to sample lots of different textures and liquids. The other day I found him with a glue stick in his mouth. When asked if he ate it or not he said, "Yahsh. Mmm nose." Sure enough he was sticky all over. He thinks he has a wax deficiency because he eats crayons and candles all the time. He also used to think markers were for eating. I found many with the tops bitten off.

His favorite favorite foods are "nunnets, nonuts and cookies" which are nuggets, donuts and oreos,as if you couldn't tell by his Michelin Man body-type. He loves "kucks, bus, car-cars, bike, and nung-nung-nung-nung-nungs" (trucks, cars, bikes, bulldozers, and motorcycles). Cows are "boos", sheep are "baas", lambs are "may-may", lions are "RRRRR" and the moon is "moont", spoon is "poont" airplane is "bear-pane" Cinderella is "lalella".

If you can't tell, I'm smitten with my sweet son. He loves to give hugs and kisses, even to perfect strangers. Though I may have to sweep my floor 3 times a day because of him and watch him every second to make sure he's not climbing on the table or eating glue, he's such a joy.

When I sing and put him to bed I secretly hope that he would stay like this forever. The little dimple in his chin, the crater in his cheek and the gleam in his eye make me smile all day. I wish the that I could bottle up and sell his passion and enthusiasm over simple every day things like the "moont". Sweet Jacob, I'm so happy that you are my son!

6 comments:

Caroline said...

They're growing up fast! We just had Wesley's 2nd birthday. Crazy! He seems like a sweet one - curious - but definitely sweet!

Nan said...

He is too cute! I heart my boys too...they just hold their mama's hearts don't they?

Jenny said...

aw how precious! he's getting so big!!! thank you for posting...it makes "nenny" feel not so far away. :) give my love to your sweet darlins for me.

gooddog said...

so great to run into you guys the other day and see sweet man up close! hope to see you again soon. gotta love those kiddos!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Wanted to pop in and say "hi." I read your post about the retreat, and thought....I was there leading music, and you picked my mug (and we mourned the Tarheel loss together. )So fun that you're blogging again, I will make sure and pop in to visit.

Melissa said...

he's such a little love!