Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sweet Psalter!



Psalter is four years old, the blessed middle child. She goes wherever the wind blows her, our free spirited child. If she's comfortable with you, she will talk your ear off, not making much sense sometimes. She loves to be with people. She has a fabulous sense of fashion, tights and skirts or dresses are her preference. Early on I struggled with letting her wear non-matching outfits, but I've realized how much of it is personality. So now we've been taking pictures of some of her outrageous outfits.

Most importantly, lately I've realized I have a short time with her before she goes to school and doesn't have time for me any more. I've been taking advantage of little brother's naptime to play endless games of Candy Land and Chutes & Ladders or doing puzzles. Just me and Psalter. Yesterday was a real sweet time of that. We were playing Candy Land, which I'm actually starting to enjoy, and she left the room. She came back with some of her Littlest Pets to play with us. So all of us took turns and of course Psalter won!
I read this quote off the side of my Real Simple magazine: "Life comes in clusters, clusters of solitude then a cluster when there is hardly time to breathe."-May Sarton. I feel like I'm living the breathless cluster with 3 young children, but I want to treasure up in my heart this special time. It will go so fast and then I will feel like I have too much solitude.

No comments: