Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I'm Baaack!!

I know I've been disappointing so many in my fan club with my lack of blogs this summer. I blog in my head all the time, because I can do that without interruption. So, eventually I will get all my thoughts written out.

Between G.U.P.Y., traveling to Mexico for a week, family vacations to the beach, having the kids home all day every day, grumpy baby stages, getting one ready for kindergarten, the other two for pre-school, our fridge dying on us, then our replacement fridge having issues, having my phone and some money stolen, dealing with our invisible backyard fence builder and having to get an emergency appendectomy, we've had a pretty good summer. Those are also the reasons I have not had the energy nor time to devote to my blog or others, for that matter (so sorry, friends).

It has been a summer full of different circumstances, some good, some bad. Either way, the underlining truth that has kept my perspective hopeful and my heart content is the fact that God loooves me. I mean, He really and trully loves me, Diane Shady Benbow! (He loves you, too, but that's for you to discover--how much!!!) This truth has transformed my life this summer and continues to do so. It feels like our family is being hit with a lot of challenges and changes, all at once. I have questioned God and His timing, but ultimately, I am assured that if He loooves me and He's the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords, then I don't have a THING to worry about. Satan can mess with us all he wants, but he can never take God's love from us! That, in itself, is reason to keep on keeping on. I will write soon, I promise.

6 comments:

SUNSHINE MOM said...

I'm glad u r back--I check often and have missed you-see you on TUes

Caroline said...

D - so glad you're back. I have missed you and tried to call your cell, and thought you'd written me off, but then Sarah told me it was stolen. That stinks! Anyway, emergency appendectomy? WHAT? Hope you're feeling better girl. I'm glad you're going to continue telling us all about everything Diane. Looking forward to it.

Nan said...

Welcome back!

Melissa said...

yay!!! glad to see you blogging again!

mari said...

Hi friend! I am so glad you are okay. How has the recovery been? How is school going for the girls and for you? I have just started to BLOG and with lots of help, I am learning the ropes:)

Jenny said...

hooray! i'm so glad--along with the rest of your fan club--that you're back. i'm praying for you with the challenges you guys are being faced with! love you!