Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"Poop Happens"

That's the only way to describe this morning. Marshall is gone for the week, so I'm single-mommin' it for awhile. I was already tired from Jacob and Eliza waking up several times last night and for good at 6:00 this morning. So, I was a little grumpy already.

I got everyone dressed and ready for school, was ready to walk out the door on time, no less. Psalter has been potty training herself, which is awesome. She pooped on the big potty and some of it was left over at the top of the bowl--left some tracks. It smelled the whole house, but I wasn't going to stand there and wait for the tank to fill up for the fourth time.

I was calling them to come to the door, Jacob's shirt was all wet. Where did he get that from? Maybe he's just really drooling from his teething. I didn't have time to change him. We continue to the car, fighting about headbands, not enough time for braids and we forgot my backpack, etc. I get Jacob in his seat and grab his arms to buckle his harness. His sleeve is soaked, I grab his hand and take a look, "NO, it can't be..." Yes, it was, it was poop. All over his hand and some on his face. No joke! He was sampling some of Psalter's poop. I can just visualize him sloshing around in the toilet and squealing with delight as he squeezed the poop through his hands. I guess some day I'll really laugh about this. Marshall sure did when I called him to tell him.... He was just glad he wasn't here to clean it up. :) So that was the start to my day, how 'bout yours?

3 comments:

Caroline said...

That stinks! We haven't had poop days...yet, but we have had lots of the whinies around here! AAAAAHHHHHH!! Somedays I think I'm going to go crazy! And I only have 1 child.

Heather said...

Mom says I sampled some of mine when I was a baby...what in the WORLD would make kids want to do that???

Rachel said...

oh friend! why in the world do these things always happen when our hubbies are out of town?!! (i just spent the morning in the ER w/nathan- who is fine btw... but i really can't wait for doug to get back!) i'm soooo sorry. glad you could write about it and can't wait to see you in a couple wks!!! YEAAHHHHH!!!!